We are writing to update you on a devastating data security breach EpicHub.com suffered on Friday, October 6th, 2017, when a hacker accessed our servers through Amazon.com’s cloud and stole and deleted our entire database and system – effectively shutting down all EpicHub.com services.
We believe this person stole our entire system because they could not hack the individual accounts secured behind our 256bit encryption. We believed, incorrectly, that Amazon.com offered security through their AWS Systems against just this sort of attack. We were wrong.
We still believe your data is safe behind our 256bit encryption firewall. We believe this because even we, the people that run EpicHub.com, do not have access to your data. We simply built no back doors into our systems.
So, the person that stole our database has probably learned four very important things since taking our systems:
- I was serious when I said that we do not access or monitor any of our User’s data. Your data is your own and we take your privacy seriously. They MUST hack each individual account.
- We do not collect or store any credit card or social security data in our website. We only collect and store contact data. So, after a month with our systems, these hackers have, maybe, hacked one account, and learned that what they stole was a few lines of a phone book, that they could have gotten for free from their desk drawer at home.
- They have probably also learned that I spoke the truth when I said that our systems were built for the betterment of humanity. There are no ulterior motives, no hidden agendas, no tracking of personal data or activity, no government oversights, and no scams or frauds built into any of our systems. There literally was nothing to steal but that phone book data.
- Our systems are protected by patents pending. Anyone attempting to use our technology will be sued to the fullest extent of local law. You can’t use our technology without going public. And, when you do, we will find you. We will stop you. And we will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law, in whatever region of the world you operate from.
Enough about the hacker or hackers.
To Our Customers
Please forgive our temporary cessation of service caused by exterior forces with low morals and no ethics. Please resort to your default phone databases, as we use them as a default backup for just such emergencies. All of the data that you entered into your Epic Account was, and is, saved in your default database. I was serious when I said you could walk away from our Epic Systems with no loss of time or data. Well, the proof is found there. You will have lost no data at all.
To Our Employees
To the employees that we were forced to let go because of this tragic setback, please accept my personal apologies. Both you and your families are in my prayers. It’s going to be quite some time before I can pick up enough pieces to put this back together.
What You Can Do
While EpicHub already has taken action to help secure your account, we encourage you to consider the following account security recommendations:
Change your passwords and security questions and answers for any other accounts on which you used the same or similar information used for your EpicHub account.
Review your accounts for suspicious activity.
Be cautious of any unsolicited communications that ask for your personal information or refer you to a web page asking for personal information.
Avoid clicking on links or downloading attachments from suspicious emails.
For More Information
For more information about this issue and our deepening security resources, please contact me directly at Scott@EpicHub.com. We value the trust you place in us, and your security remains our top priority.
Scott Thompson, CEO
The Epic Contact app is your free portal to the most revolutionary database ever created. This truly epic system captures the world’s changing contact data in real-time, then quietly and effortlessly downloads all of that great data right into your devices.
Why am I so serious about changing data?
Yesterday, entire families shared one phone number and one mailing address. My mom used to keep all of her contacts in a little black book. In that book, every single contact had data that had been erased and changed so much that the pages were literally ripped to tatters. That’s how much data changes over time. And I’d constantly hear her on the phone, asking such and such friend or relative if they had so-and-so’s new contact data.
Today, with the advent of social media, we’re all reaching back into our past to reconnect with friends of days-gone-by, even as we collect new contacts around the world through the internet. Multiply that by the advent of personal computers and mobile devices, where each individual contact is exploding with increased data – and you wind up with insanity! Each contact in our databases now has:
- Multiple phone numbers to cover home, work, mobile, and other devices
- Multiple fax numbers to cover your company and desktop at work, and even your desktop or laptop at home.
- Multiple email addresses to cover home, work, mobile devices, and throw-away connections.
- And some of us even have multiple mailing addresses, like home, school, and work.
- Social Media contact data, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- And Business Media contact data, such as LinkedIn and Monster
Many of us now have thousands of contacts in our databases! With so many contacts, how can we possibly remember what data of our own we’ve shared with each of them? How can we possibly update them all with our appropriate data as it changes? How can we update them, when much of the data we have for them has already gone bad? And, with all of that going on, each contact, no matter how close you are to them, always has missing information that you eventually come to find you need. It’s insane!
Can you imagine how complicated our kids’ contact databases will be after spending a lifetime collecting every acquaintance they’ve met?
Then, as our technology spreads across the Earth, then out into the stars, how can we possibly track all of that changing data for multiple planets, moons, space stations, and space ships? Sounds far fetched now, but what about 300 years from now? Think about it. This problem of contact data going bad has been around since man first started settling into communities. And, if we don’t fix this, it will be around for millennia more.
Can you imagine Captain Kirk of the Enterprise, trying to hail an enemy vessel to stop them from destroying the Earth, but hearing “We’re sorry, the number for the enemy vessel you are trying to reach is not in service. Please hang up and try again.”
This is serious stuff!
And that’s why I built the Epic Contact app. This revolutionary and free Epic Contact app solves all of these problems through an easy-to-use and user-friendly interface. yes, it takes some effort to get started, but the end result is pure and amazing beauty.
You can find the Epic Contact app by searching “Epic Contact” in either the Apple or Google play Stores.
Be a part of something amazing! join the 80,000 other contacts that have already become part of this amazing system!
You’ll be glad you did!
Thanks – and Scotty out.
I’m ready. Well – as ready as I can be….
The Epic Contact App is uploaded and accepted by both Apple and Google.
So – Epic launches tomorrow at 5PM.
So – what does my new company do?
EpicHub.com, LLC is:
“Simply perfect communication.”
Our journey to perfect communication begins with the Epic Contact App!
What is the Epic Contact app?
The Epic Contact app wields the cutting-edge technologies of Crowd Sourcing, QR Technology, and the Cloud, to effortlessly and automatically empower you with 100% current contact data in your smartphone!
Never again hear, “The phone number you have tried to reach has been disconnected.” or receive email back as “Undeliverable.” Or receive Snail Mail back, marked “Undeliverable / No forwarding address.”
You might think this is not a huge problem, but I assure you, it is. ~ It’s just hidden.~
In 2012 alone, 27 Million out of the 130 Million working Americans changed jobs. That means 1 in 5 people in your phone changed some, or all, of their contact data. And this trend of job-hopping is increasing! So – each year – your phone’s contact database is going bad at about 20% per year!
But I bet you didn’t get anywhere near that number of “change my contact data” emails, did you? That means you have bad data in your phone. You just won’t know what data has gone bad – until it fails you.
So – what systems do we use today to update our friends and family with changes to our contact data? And how does the Epic Contact app make all of this easy, effortless, and automatic?
People today update friends and family through the following systems:
1. They make announcements of changed contact data through email. The problem with this system is that email gets buried in spam and may never be read. Or it gets accidentally sent to a spam folder and not read. Or it gets delivered to an email address that your contact never checks anymore. Or it’s simply never delivered because of bad contact data.
2. The email and phone call combo. This system suffers from all of the issues above, but can be effective with a concerted calling programming to verify receipt of changed data. This is very time consuming. You can easily burn half a week trying to update all of your friends, family, and co-workers with your new contact data. And, as you do this, you still have to deal with bad contact data as you try to communicate with friends and family.
3. The email, phone call, face-to-face combo. This is the most effective, but takes the longest amount of time. This is a concerted effort to track down extended family that could not be reached by phone or email.
So – How does the Epic Contact App make this process easier?
The Epic Contact App takes a completely different approach:
1. The system works by linking your cell phone to each cell phone in your contact database. This may sound difficult, but it’s actually very easy. With the Epic Contact App, one click and your entire database is effortlessly invited to join.
2. To update your contacts of any changes to your data, simply change your contact data in the your “Personal Data Page” in the Epic App, then click enter. That’s it. One click. Done.
3. And, even if you forget to use the app, the Epic Contact system still effortlessly catches changes to your contact data through Crowd Sourcing. Let’s say you get a new email address – and you DON’T use Epic to instantly update your contacts. Instead, you simply tell one friend using any of the usual contact systems discussed previously (email, phone, face-to-face). Your friend becomes aware of your changed email address, and updates your contact data in his cellphone. The Epic system catches that change in his phone, then fires a “Request for Update” email back to your new email address. All you need to do is simply update your old email address to your new email address, then click enter. The Epic Contact App instantly updates your entire contact list with your new email address. Easy. Simple. Done.
See? Whether you remember or not, the Epic Contact App keeps your contact data effortlessly current in all of your friends, family’s, and co-workers contact lists – while it does the same for them in your phone. Cool, huh?
That’s the core of the Epic Contact App —– link – monitor – share – update.
I am extremely excited to have the Epic Contact system keep my contact database 100% current- for free!
Please keep an eye out for my invitation to join my circle!
So – how much does it cost?
The Epic Contact App is 100% free to download, join, and access as much as you want. But we need to find a way to make money somewhere, so we decided to do this. After a few years of “kicking Epic’s tires” to see if the system does everything we claim it does, we’ll ask you to pay $4.99 to move your 100% current contact data from your old phone to a new phone. This is called “populating” a new phone with all of your contacts. This $4.99 charge is simply an attempt to recoup the operating costs we spent to provide you with 100% current contact data.
If you feel we dropped the ball, you’ll always have access to your phone’s default contact list. Simply delete the Epic Contact App and pay nothing. That’s it. There’s no other hidden fees anywhere.
Thanks for reading, and for considering being part of this amazing system!
P.s. Please keep an eye out for more description of the Epic Contact App – BECAUSE THERE’S SO MUCH MORE YOU GET FOR FREE!
The last of our marketing is being added to both our Android and iPhone app stores as you read this. When that’s done, we’ll submit our app to each respective store. They’ll review, approve, then post our app to their stores. When that happens – well – that’s it. My new company launches!
I’m so excited! Just about every free moment of the last few years has been spent working toward this day! And not to mention an insane amount of money!
And I’m so scared as well! All of this – the company – the products – the services – are all me! It is my creativity and passion and blood and tears and sleepless nights and wild euphorias! It terrifies me to put myself out into the world like this – to face such possible criticism and rejection…. But I’m WAY past the point of no return….SO…here we go….
Our first product – called “The FREE Epic Data app” – will simply astound you! And even though we have patent pending status, I’m still not going to share details about this product! Why? I was on the fence, but my wife said – “You’ve waited this long, what’s one more week? And you’ll need every minute you can get to stay ahead of your competitors.” And she’s right, of course. (Shhhh! Don’t tell her I said this, but she’s almost always right! Much to my eternal horror and delight!). So – no details – at least for another week. Sigh. It’s so hard to keep a secret like this for so long! Sometimes I feel like I’m just going to burst!
Anyway – I could use your help. If any of you have an iPhone or Android, please consider downloading my app – and if you love it / find it valuable – please give it a wonderful review! I don’t want you to compromise your morals – because I would never ask that of anyone – but a good review will go a long way – and I’d be eternally grateful!
Details will follow in less than 2 weeks!
Until then – take care all – and God bless.
….but our coding teams are burned out. The site was down for a month – with everyone pointing fingers at who was to blame and tempers flaring left and right. This is clearly the most difficult time that I’ve faced. I won’t go into all the ugly details, but suffice it to say that investors complicate things in ways I never believed possible.
We’re up and running again at about 10% of what the site used to be. Unfortunately, the Epic website has seen so many programmers come and go that only a few coders in the world can now follow its intricacies. Resources are now scarce, and what I had hoped for —– simply will not be ready in the near term.
I’ve watched my competitors overtake me in many areas. This has been very disheartening. But I still have an amazing ace up my sleeve. It’s a show stopper – and it’s going to knock your socks off. And it’s almost married into the core.
When that’s done, I plan to launch. And let the chips fall where they may.
I’m so tired……